Orthodontics for Teens
You’ve just heard the three words that every teen dreads: “YOU NEED BRACES!”
Braces! What now?
Don’t worry! Orthodontic treatment at Centennial Hills Orthodontics isn’t nearly as scary as you may think. In fact, Dr. Whetten offers braces in a variety of styles, materials, and colors, making life with braces less of a hassle, more comfortable, and even more stylish than in the past.
How long will I have to wear braces?
The most important thing to remember about orthodontic treatment at Centennial Hills Orthodontics is that it is completely customized for each patient. Your treatment plan—and your results—will be unique to you. In general, the amount of time it takes to treat your smile with braces depends on three key factors:
- Early diagnosis treatment — Early treatment allows Dr. Whetten to monitor the growth of the jaw and recommend further orthodontic treatment if it becomes necessary.
- What needs correction — The amount of treatment needed to correct a problem will determine how long the process takes. Different patients react to treatments differently, so while it may take only 12 months to complete your treatment, it may take your friend 24 months. Treatment times can vary depending on how quickly your body responds and how much work is needed to give you the show-stopping smile you expect.
- YOU! — Your willingness to use the appliances Dr. Whetten gives you plays a major role in the length of time it takes to complete your treatment. Always remember to take care of your braces and appliances; this truly will help make your treatment time shorter!
Braces Your Way!
Our practice offers a variety of braces, types, and styles to choose from. Some common options include:
- Clear/ceramic braces
- Damon® Smile self-ligating braces
- Empower® self-ligating metal and clear braces
- Invisalign Teen® clear aligners
Orthodontic braces are a big part of life for many people your age. While braces may have had a bad reputation in the past, braces from Centennial Hills Orthodontics makes it easy to look good and feel good! Please contact our Las Vegas orthodontic office to schedule your initial consultation!